Last Updated on June, 2022
Smoothie is, by many, deemed as a snack even though it is considered a food.
However, no one said that it could not be turned into a complete meal that can replace either your Breakfast, Lunch or even Dinner.
But is that really possible?
Can you really turn a Smoothie into a Meal?
That’s precisely what we’re going to take a look at.
- Can a Smoothie Be Turned Into a Meal Replacement Shake?
- How to Turn a Smoothie Into a Meal Replacement?
- 3 Meal Replacement Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Benefits of a Meal Replacement Smoothies for Health
Can a Smoothie Be Turned Into a Meal Replacement Shake?
Smoothies are relatively straightforward to make, and if you’re someone who doesn’t have much time to prepare a complete meal, these can be great if they can really be turned into meals.
And that brings us to the main question.
Can A Smoothie Be Turned Into A Meal Replacement Shake?
And the simple answer is a BIG YES!
You can turn a smoothie into a quick meal. But not just any quick meal, a quick meal with everything that you would get from any complete meal.
However, the way you turn them matters. It’s very important to consider what’ll be going inside your smoothie. It is what really decides whether or not it can replace a nutritious meal.
How to Turn a Smoothie Into a Meal Replacement?
Now that you know that a smoothie can be turned into a meal replacement.
The next question is, how to actually turn a smoothie into a meal replacement?
And the answer for that is pretty simple, keep reading…
As I said before, ingredients really matter if you’re going to make a meal replacement smoothie. Also, Including a good amount of healthy fats, fiber and protein are all essential. A good combination of all the right ingredients ensures a proper meal replacement smoothie that’ll help you feel full until the next meal.
Here’s how you can make a meal replacement smoothie:
- The Liquid. Water is what’s typically used. Since the idea is to replace meals, you’ll need to add something better. Milk can be great. If you want to take it up a notch, almond milk can serve best.
- Some Greens. This is where you’ll be getting the majority of the fiber from. Adding greens such as spinach, kale and beet leaves are all great ways to increase your intake of fiber, which can keep you full for longer. Not only that, but you can also increase your intake of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals with these.
- Adding Flavor. Fruits, as always, will be adding flavor to your meal replacement smoothie. They’ll also help you build a creamy base, plus make the shake much more delicious. With that, they can also provide essential vitamins and minerals. Some fruits that perfectly get along with smoothies are strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, black currant, apple, mango, banana, grapefruit and peaches.
- Protein. An adequate amount of protein is very important when making a meal replacement smoothie. They help you stay full for longer and keep you energized. The most known way to add protein in a meal replacement smoothie is through a protein powder. You can add them in if you want. If you’re not a fan of protein powders, then flax seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, tofu or nuts are all great too.
- Tossing In Healthy Fats. This should not be overlooked as it contains a very healthy amount of nutrients. Healthy fats, such as nut butter, sunflower seed butter and avocado, are perfect. These can improve the texture of the smoothie too.
Follow this, and you’ll be having a delicious and healthy meal replacement smoothie in no time.
3 Meal Replacement Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re out of recipe ideas, below are 3 that we think anyone will love.
1. Chocolate Weight Loss Smoothie
If you want to get your day started in the best way possible, the Chocolate Weight Loss Smoothie is something that can help. It’s a perfect breakfast and if you’re looking to shed some pounds, look no further.
Let’s take a look at what’s needed to make this shake first:
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ banana
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- cayenne pepper
- Add liquid with greens into the blender, and blend until the chunks vanish.
- Add other remaining ingredients and continue blending.
2. Kale Spinach And Pear Smoothie
Another excellent breakfast meal replacement smoothie. If the taste is your priority, you have to give this one a shot. Trust me; it’s delicious.
- 1 heaping cup of spinach leaves
- 1 heaping cup chopped kale leaves
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 pear
- 1 1/2 cups cold almond milk (or soy milk or orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Remove kale from the center and chop coarsely.
- Add kale along with almond milk into the blender and blend until there are no big bits of kale.
- Add banana. Honey and pear to the blender next and blend until smooth.
This recipe is a signature of healthy when it comes to meal replacement smoothie recipes. There are so many benefits; try it for yourself to experience.
- Half cup pineapple
- Half cup of mixed berries(strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- One banana
- Four tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- One to one and a half cups almond milk
- Two tablespoons of milled flaxseed
- Two scoops of strawberry protein
- Add in the frozen fruits first, then follow up with yogurt, banana, protein and flaxseed.
- Finally, pour the almond milk and blend.
You can also consider the following homemade meal replacement shakes for more recipes. Just click here to read.
Benefits of a Meal Replacement Smoothies for Health
Meal replacement smoothies have great benefits compared to regular smoothies. Below are some you can expect when drinking these:
- Meal replacement smoothies perfectly keep you energized since they’re made of fresh and raw ingredients.
- They’re super quick meals that can keep you full until the next meal.
- Meal replacement smoothies keep you hydrated.
- These smoothies can help you lose weight by spending on the ingredients you decide to make them with.
- You’ll feel less bloated when compared to eating a complete meal.
I hope your question is answered. Smoothies can be turned into Meals. But Only if you add in the relevant ingredients. They’re convenient, taste fantastic and, most importantly, are healthy. Plus can replace a complete meal which is a great benefit.